Katie Gwyn PT, DPT, Cert. MDT, FAAOMPT
Dr. Gwyn was born in Bedford, England and lived in several countries before settling in Austin, Texas. She graduated from Rice University with a BA in Kinesiology. While at Rice, she was a varsity member of the cross country and track teams during a time when they won 8 conference championships. Dr. Gwyn earned her Master’s of Science in Physical Therapy and her Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Texas Woman’s University. She received her certification in the McKenzie method of mechanical diagnosis and therapy in 2013 and her Fellowship in Orthopaedic Manual Therapy in 2015. Dr. Gwyn is on faculty with The Manual Therapy Institute, a post-doctorate Fellowship Program in Orthopaedic Manual Therapy, where she educates fellows-in-training nationwide. She and Dr. Kroon are co-owners of Mondo Sports Therapy.
Dr. Gwyn has pursued further education in pelvic floor physical therapy. As an athlete, her own postpartum journey was confusing and difficult. She specifically hopes to offer women the empowerment and expertise they need to address the physical challenges of pre and postpartum life with clarity, boldness and radical candor. She believes people should not suffer silently with concerns about diastasis recti, pelvic pain or incontinence and rejects the notion that these are just normal byproducts of the aging process.
Dr. Gwyn enjoys working with a diverse patient population from active adults to professional athletes across a multitude of sports. She continues to pursue her love of athleticism with running, swimming and strength training. Her current goal is to complete the 6 marathon majors with 5 down, 1 to go.
Dr. Gwyn’s Athletic Accomplishments
- Member of the NCAA Western Athletic Conference Cross Country Championship teams in 1999 and 2002
- 10km WAC champion in 2000
- Marathon PR of 2:53 at CIM (2018)
- Current Marathon Major results: 2:54 NYC (2019), 3:02 Boston (2018 and 2019), 3:06 London (2019), 3.14 Chicago (2022), 3.08 Tokyo (2023).
- Age group 1st place finisher in Conroe Ironstar Half Ironman in 2006 (5:19:23)
- Age group 1st place finisher in the Austin Marathon in 2007 (3:06:40).